(142KB) INTERNATIONAL SHORT PROGRAMME UNIT
WEBSITE:UNIVERSITY OF CHICHESTER INTERNATIONAL SHORT COURSES COMMISSIONED BY OVERSEAS MINISTRIES OF EDUCATION AND OTHER AGENCIES
The MA TESOL examines the critical connections between theory and practice
in relation to
the following areas:
- Models of language description and key methods and concepts of linguistic analysis.
- The role of English as an international language.
- The principles and practices of contemporary and past approaches to TESOL.
- The design and evaluation of learning and teaching materials for TESOL.
- The ways in which contextual and cultural factors affect knowledge and practice in TESOL.
- TESOL in a global context.
- Research approaches relevant to the TESOL practitioner-researcher.
||Postgraduate Certificate (TESOL)|
||Postgraduate Diploma (TESOL)|
Each module assignment (4,000 words) and your final dessertation will
involve work-related and practical investigations so that you can link
your professional development to your specific work context.
All assignment work is supported by e-mail tuition from University of Chichester tutors..
- We have long standing expertise in TESOL in Japan.
- We provide high quality teaching and personalised support
- We offer on-line access to MA TESOL resources
- Dedicated MA TESOL Resource Centre in Tokyo
The Programme is offered in conjunction with our partner in Japan, The International Diploma Council (IDC). IDC is a non-profit corporation that provides opportunities to obtain educational qualifications from Universities abroad, and to support those who can be actively engaged in the global community.JET Teachers can apply to IDC for scolarship opportunities.
Thank you for piloting me through the ‘Research world’. I have learnt varieties of directions, angles and views of research. I am starting on a vogage, so thanks again for providing me with the tools to travel the research world!
All the lecturers who have come to Japan from the University of Chichester have been extremely professional and kind. We have learnt a lot from them, and been given all the support we need outside of the taught modules.
I have enjoyed all the lectures, and feel this is a hugely worthwhile course.
The lecturers are friendly and helpful.
t esl lesson plans
tesol training: Modules take place in July/August and December each year at our teaching centre in Tokyo. There are 2 weeks of teaching during July/August and 1 week in December. We normally expect students to complete the Programme in 2.5 years.
- A first degree or approved professional qualification
- A minimum of two years of suitable teaching experience
- A student whose first language is not English should have IELTS 6.5 or above or an equivalent indication of language proficiency
IDC Scholarship can be applied to JETs Teachers.
For further details, please contact IDC.
IDC is member of Japan Association of Language Teaching.
JALT is a non-profit professional group for teachers.A professional organization of people interested in promoting excellence in language learning and teaching.
Contact : http://jalt.org/
JALT Journal: http://jalt-publications.org/jj/
JALT Events: http://jalt.org/main/events/
Contact tesol certificate courses